What you'll get to do:
- Research, design and prototype algorithms for secure processing of data on distributed systems, using technologies like homomorphic encryption (HE) and secure multiparty computation (SMPC).
- Work with other Enveil engineers to transition algorithms from prototype to our production systems.
- Keep yourself and other Enveil engineers up to date with the latest developments in HE and SMPC research by reading papers, attending conferences, and participating in our internal working groups.
- As one of the first engineers at an early-stage start-up, you'll be able to influence every aspect of the business, from technical direction to product design to company culture.
What you need to be successful:
- Desire and ability to learn new technical skills, quickly and constantly.
- 4+ years relevant work experience.
- Prior experience with HE or SMPC is a big plus, but is not required.
- A PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or
- Comparable work experience in a research and development organization.
- Prior experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Security architecture
- Threat modeling
- Database design
- Performance optimization
- Distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop)
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.